We have found the most comprehensive way to check for boost leaks is to pressurize the entire intake tract. As a result, Power Driven Diesel now offers an easy solution for quickly and thoroughly locating boost leaks.
This tool attaches to any 4″ turbocharger inlet* and features a 1/4″ quick-coupler to allow the user to connect regulated shop air (30 psi maximum). Once you have the intake pressurized, all you have to do is listen for leaks and spray suspect connections with a soap-sud solution to find them. After isolating and correcting all boost leaks, you will find increased turbocharger response, cleaner exhaust, and more power!
Includes plug, boot, two spring clamps, and swivel quick-coupler fitting.
*Compatible turbos include but are not limited to:
- H1C (factory on 1st-Gen trucks)
- WH1C (factory on 1st and 2nd-Gen trucks)
- HX35 and HY35 (factory on 2nd-Gen trucks)
- HE351CW and HE341CW (factory on 5.9 Common-Rails)
- HE351VE (factory on 6.7 Common Rails)
- All BorgWarner S300-series turbos
Check out the video below for more information: